When your boiler fails, especially during the colder months, you need it fixed fast and fixed properly. BC Green offers fast, affordable, quality boiler repairs to get your home heated as soon as possible.
- Our over 3 decades of services means that you’re getting the most experienced, most knowledgeable technicians out there, and they are government certified.
- We pride ourselves on our straight forward approach. We’ll determine the problem and present you with the solution. Simple as that.
- BC Green has crafted a culture of complete customer satisfaction. We’re here to keep the focus on you, our customer.
How Does a Boiler Work?
If you have baseboards on the inside of exterior walls of your home or a radiator pumping out warmth throughout the winter, chances are you also have a boiler working hard behind the scenes.
A boiler heats water to provide heat to your home through the baseboard outlets, radiators or radiant tubing. Typically, the water is heated to around 82 degrees Celsius (180 degrees Fahrenheit), more than enough to provide comfortable warmth to your family on even the coldest nights of the year.
In the best of times, that boiler will simply chug along, pumping out heat as it goes and keeping your home warm and comfortable all winter long. Unfortunately, things do not always go as planned. They break down and need repair all the time, and knowing who to call when that happens is very important.
Keeping a close eye on your boiler is important, even if everything appears to be running normally. Check the area around the boiler for leaking water, which could mean it’s in need of imminent repair.
When to Seek Out a Boiler Service
- You should seek a boiler repair company if you notice strange odors in your home. These odors might be no big deal, but they could also indicate a dangerous gas leak or other precarious situation.
- Choosing professionals with true 24/7 service will help ensure prompt attention to such a situation.
- Your ears can also tell you a lot about the condition of your boiler. When it’s is running smoothly, it should be almost silent. If you hear clanking, grinding or moaning sounds coming from your boiler, it is time to call in a professional repair service company to set things right.